Friday, July 24, 2009

18 months old!

Katie had her 18 month old check up yesterday and she is very healthy. The weighs 26lbs and 5 oz. She screamed while they took her temperature and measured her, but when they were looking in her ears and up her nose she just smiled. She had to get two shots but does not have to go back until she is 2. The bad part is that we have to go see an allergy doctor. (Little back ground... the doctor told us to try peanut butter at her 15 month check up. We tried but she turned her head. When she did the peanut butter got on her cheek. She immediately got red whelps all over her cheek.) The doctor wants her to have a test to see how bad the allergy is and if she is allergic to anything else. We go August 4th so we will see.
Katie is starting "big school" Monday. We are going to call it school...not daycare. Anyway we went to meet her teacher today. Miss Suzanne is so sweet. She showed us around and showed us Katies cubby. Katie loved it. I will take a picture Monday when I drop her off. I was very sad and probably will be on Monday, but today when I left I had an excited feeling for Katie.

I also wanted to say how very blessed I am. I have a family that loves me, a house, a job, and friends who take care of me. God is good.

1 comment:

Silena Cvacho said...

We had to go to the asthma and allergy doctor with Francie when she was 2! It wasn't fun but it does give you peace of mind! Good Luck!! Love ya, Silena